Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Taking out Hemo catheter tomorrow.

Tino was doing better today. They were able to wean him back to a rate of 12 on the vent. They were thinking they would be able to extubate him later today or tomorrow am. But, the surgeon wants to remove his hemo cath. She is worried of chance of infection. So that means no G-tube anytime soon and remaining intubated for surgery.

His nurse last night tried to start feeds again but didn't work out so well. She was only giving him 6 cc's but his tummy didn't like it and threw it up. So the docs don't want to feed him until he is extubated. Who knows when my hungry boy will eat again.

He looked a little better. The nephrologist put him on a new mixture of dineal (25 cc's ea. of 4.25 & 2.25). It seems to be working, he is not as puffy. His skin looked a little bluish, but they didn't seem to be concerned. I hope having that extra fluid off helps him recover from whatever was going on w/ his lungs. I so worry about his lung development! Being w/out amniotic fluid for 10 wks inutero I'm sure was not good for him. It is a miracle he has made it this far.

Tomorrow daddy will be visiting w/ him. I have many people suggesting I take a day of relaxation. I will be taking the kids to the beach w/ some friends. I'm going to do my best to enjoy myself. I'm sure I will be worrying about him having minor surgery to remove the cath. His daddy will be their with him and his Father above watching over him. Keep him your prayers that he tolerates it well.

In His Grace,
Yvette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers