Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Surgery went well

Tino did well today with his minor surgery. He no longer has the huge hemo cath hanging from his tiny chest. One less thing hanging from his lil body is great. I'm hoping he loses the vent tomorrow. He does not like that tube stuck down his throat. Who can blame him?!

I just pray he is strong enough and ready to breathe on his own.

The kids and I had a nice time at the beach today. They had a lot of fun playing in the water and building/digging in the sand. It was nice to talk to other people rather than hospital staff regarding medical stuff. No offense Amy and Christy (Tino's primary nurses) if you are reading this. I do enjoy your company and so does Santino!

I do have to admit I was very anxious this morning about not visiting my lil boy. I knew John was going to be there with him, so that helped. Plus my kids were excited to spend the day with me. How can you go the summer w/out a day at the beach?

Tomorrow we have a meeting with all of Tino's docs. I'm hoping for some positive news and a good game plan to get him home with us. I will let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear this. Girl I can hardly keep up with your updates, one moment I'm pon my knees praying for Tino next day I'm praising God. But it's all good. I'm proud of your lil dude and you are an amazing mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for successful surgeries! Praying for healthy lungs now!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers