Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Santino gives us a scare!!!

On Sunday's post when I said "we will see what he has in store for us tomorrow" I was hoping for something positive. Santino decided on the opposite. John arrived yesterday morning at the hospital when Tino decided to stop breathing. John was met by a Dr. explaining to John that the baby had stopped breathing and they were intubating him again to get him to breath. John called me right after talking to the Dr. so I could go to the hospital. Before we hung up he was updated that the baby was breathing and they had a pulse. I was very happy to hear that but was a complete mess. We are fortunate to have very caring and giving people at church who have offered to watch our kids. So I called the Majam family and they came over right away to watch the kids for me. Thank You Pat & Allison !!!

Back to Santino. What happened was, he was on dialysis and was getting agitated as usual so they gave him some Adevant to calm him. Well the med calmed him a little too much and he stopped breathing. They quickly got him back on oxygen and stopped the dialysis. He regained his color fairly quickly and wasn't in any kind of distress. When I got there he was sleeping very peacefully and I couldn't tell anything had happened. I spent most of the day w/ him and he was very tired out. Around 6pm they decided to extubate him and put him on a nasal cannula again. He was still on the cannula today and was doing well.

The nephrologist decided the hemodialysis is getting to be too much for him to handle so she decided to try peritoneal dialysis again. This afternoon they began PD again and it seemed to go well. His catheter site wasn't leaking and he seemed to be draining well also. I was very happy to hear this. When I was with Tino on Sunday he looked so pale and thin from the dialysis I was worried something like yesterday's incident was bound to happen. I'm glad he is okay now. The Dr.s will definitely be keeping a closer eye on him.

Today is Santino's big brother Anthony's 6th birthday. We had a small get together w/ some of Anthony's friends. He had a good time playing in his pirate pool, playing board games, pinata, and having a root beer float. Parties are tiring , I'm wiped out!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to the big brother. Prayers for the pipsqueak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this little guy is strong...just like his parents. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. Thinking about all of you, Danyll

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers