Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Monday, July 27, 2009

He is back on the ventilator :(

The past few days my lil guy has had a tough time. He started having labored breathing which got him put on a nasal cannula. I didn't handle that very well. I knew he was having difficulty breathing but to have a set back like that is hard. The cannula ended up not being enough for him so he got reintubated. This happened Sunday around 1 am. I received a call from the nurse practitioner at 1:30 am. As you could imagine I had a hard time sleeping after that. He had been doing so well a couple of weeks ago and he has just gone down hill so fast. He had his digestive issues now this. It has been rough seeing him go through this all. He is doing better now that he had help from Mr. Ventilator. The doctors aren't sure what caused his breathing to become so labored. They have done all kinds of tests on him and nothing negative has shown up. I pray that his lungs are okay and aren't giving out on him.

When I was visiting with Tino today he had another little episode where he stopped breathing. The nurse had given him some morphine to relax him a little so the Occupation Therapist could work with him. Well a little while later the OT is working on his arm and I notice his face turning purple. I quickly tell the nurse and she turned his vent up and fortunately he started breathing again. That is just a bit scary when he does that when he is on a vent. So now I'm nervous to have him extubated. I cry when he is intubated now I'm a nervous wreck having him extubated. Just can't win.

The nephrologist is talking about putting a Gtube in Tino soon. This will require surgery on his abdomen so that means they will have to stop PD for a bit to let the site heal. Which then requires him to be on hemo again. He is not going to like that. I'm not sure how soon he will be having the surgery. Having surgery means they will have to stop feeding him again and have to reintubate him. My poor lil man.

That is all that my brain can remember for today. Hopefully I will have some good pictures of him soon. I didn't want to take any today with the vent tube and his swollen face. We have enough of those.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry he's on the vent again mama. Prayers for a quick return to room air. That must have been so scary! As awful as it is to have the g-tube put in, especially if he has to go back on hemo, I can honestly say I'm grateful for Logan's g-tube. I will be saying prayers that there are no complications.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers