Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Santino breathing on his own!

My lil boy and I had a nice visit today. John and the kids stayed home so I could spend more time with the baby boy. But John gets to visit on his own tomorrow :(.
I arrived at the hospital shortly after Tino finished w/ dialysis, so he was zonked out! After about a hour of just staring at him the nurse let me hold him. We cuddled for almost 2 hours. It was nice to have him in my arms again and just stare at his cute little face. He gave a little smile while he was sleeping . He didn't want to wake up for his momma. I don't blame him, after having 800 cc's pulled from him between today and yesterday. He can sleep all he wants.

After he was put back into his bed the nurse decided to try and take him off the nasal cannula. The thing kept popping out of his nose anyhow. While I was still there he seemed to be breathing fine on his own. That will be good if he is free from that from his face. He does not like tubes on his face! I hope when I call and check on him he is still breathing unassisted. We'll have to praise God for that!!

That was the excitement for today. We'll see what he has in store for John tomorrow.
Good night!

1 comment:

  1. What exciting news! Thank God! I am continuing to pray for your little guy. These dialysis babies are fighters and before you know it you'll be where we are at which is getting ready for transplant. It will feel like it takes forever and the struggles will be hard but when you get to this side of dialysis (towards the end)it will all feel worth the struggles.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers