Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rough day for Santino

I had a bad feeling when I got up this morning but was trying to stay positive. Mom's intuition was right.
John and I arrived at the hospital around 11:30 today and they had just begun Santino's hemodialysis. The dialysis was fine. The nurse though had to give him a blood transfusion and antibiotics because she said he was very pale when she arrived this morning and obviously not feeling well. They had to increase his oxygen as well because his breathing was really labored. The docs/nurse believe he is fighting some type of infection. They haven't been able to pin point it yet but they gave him a bunch of antibiotics to fight whatever it is. It is so hard seeing my baby so uncomfortable, especially after seeing his beautiful eyes yesterday. I wish I was able to lay next to him and comfort him. He is still very sensitive to touch and noise. I forget that he is a preemie since he was born at such a good size. I pray the antibiotics work and he fights whatever it is.

The dialysis went well. They were able to pull another 290 cc's of fluid. He looks like a regular baby now. He actually looked thin to us because we were getting used to seeing him so swollen. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him. I know we will have our ups and downs but it still is hard. As a mother we just want to comfort our little ones and it is so hard when we can't. All I can do at this point is pray and pray some more.

2 comments:

  1. We are parying too! Lots of love and prayers for you too Yvette and John. Thank you for the update. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what happens whern the kids use the computer. Not sure why "Ryan" is coming up and not "Rhonda"

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers