Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Monday, June 29, 2009

Eyes are open!!!

Today was a exciting day! We finally got to see our baby boy with his bright eyes open. He was very active today w/ a lot of squirming and moving of his arms. The nurse suggested I buy him some mittens to keep him from pulling on his tubes. He is not a happy boy with those tubes on his face. Who can blame him? Yes, he is still on the ventilator. The docs are waiting for better numbers from his blood gases and a couple of other things. Maybe soon.

He had another round of dialysis today. It went well. They were able to pull off another 400 cc's from him. That is a total of 900 cc's in the last 3 days. That is a lot of fluid!!!! He will have another treatment tomorrow.

The kids went w/ us today. They behaved themselves, thankfully. John and I were both pretty tired. We have friends that have offered to watch them the next couple of days, so that will be nice. I'm going to wrap this up now so I can finally go to bed at a decent hour. Goodnight!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just wanted to tell you i've been keeping up with the updates and praising the Lord right there with you guys. I am so proud of your lil fighter.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers