Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home w/out my baby

I came home last night from the hospital after 4 nights. It felt strange waiting out front for John to pick me up w/out holding my lil Santino. We handled it better than we thought we would. We know he is in great hands w/ a wonderful and caring team of nurses and doctors. I was happy to get home and see my other two babies who I have missed. I'm not sure they missed me so much getting spoiled by grandma.

Lil Santino is hanging in there. He had surgery on Monday night to put in his catheter to begin Peritoneal Dialysis (PD). That was a rough night thinking of my lil boy getting cut open and having yet another tube stuck into his body. He did very well with the surgery and they began dialysis that evening. He is getting treatments of 20 cc's ? every 30 mins. The fluid output is not as high as they would like to see it so they are increasing his dextrose (sugar) to pull out more fluid hopefully. The nurse also said they may increase the dwelling time to 1 hour vs. 30 min. The surgeon had to see him this morning to change his bandages because there was a little bit of leakage from the catheter incision. It seems to be okay now. There are so many little things to worry about and keep us on our toes. I know it is going to be a long road ahead of us and this is barely the beginning.

I know our Lord will give us strength when we need it but there will be tough times. There is joy knowing Santino is strong and fighting but there is also times of feeling guilt what we are putting him through. The first couple of days in the hospital we weren't so sure what would happen. We didn't know if his lungs were developed enough, if his kidneys would produce urine, if his heart was strong enough and if he would have the physical strength but he has pulled through. I prayed and prayed that we were making the right choice for him and not a selfish choice for our own comfort. They only thing we can do is leave it in Gods precious hands and hope for the best. Our savior is the ultimate healer and I believe He will bless our beloved Santino.

We are getting ready to go visit Santino now and smother him with more kisses. I can't wait for the day I can finally hold him in my arms. I will keep you posted with his progress.

Santino's mommy

P.S. Santino wants to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIS AUNT LISA!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Please know that if your little Santino has made it through these hurdles...he has a purpose to fulfill in life. His life might be more challenging than that of other little boys, but it will also be more rewarding. Trust me, these little guys are SO resilient...I know that from experience. I hope you have been able to learn a few things from our caringbridge site. You are not alone in this, I'm there if you have any questions, concerns or fears. I'm praying for your little fighter!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers