Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Santino is moving forward, Praise God!


It seems like it has been forever since I last posted. We have been busy visiting Santino, John working, and enjoying some time w/ family. My cousin and her 2 kids came and stayed a few days w/ us. It was nice to have the help and the much needed company. I had been really stressed out and depressed from Santino's bad week he had. I had a lot of feelings of guilt and the feeling of no control over his situation. Talking w/ my cousin and my sister in law helped me a lot to get rid of those feelings. So thank you cuz and Lisa (my Paul) !


The power of prayer!


Santino is now doing great. He has made great progress from what he was going thru a couple of weeks ago. He is breathing just fine. He is now up to 90 cc's on his dialysis. He needs to be at 100 cc's to go on the cycler. He will be on the cycler when he comes home. Right now his nurses are manually doing his dialysis (draining & filling).

He is at 18 cc's per hour on his feeds. He is tolerating that very well. He is only being bottle fed by the Occupational Therapist (OT). The OT doesn't want anyone messing up her system. Tino has an aversion to objects being put in his mouth because of the bad experience w/ the vent down his throat. So when we try putting the binky or bottle in his mouth he tends to gag. So OT is working on him taking the bottle. That also means I can only nurse when the lactation consultant is observing. Boo to that!!


So at the rate Tino is moving a long he may be coming home sooner than we expected. He will be transferred over to IMU for a bit before he is discharged. I'm not sure how long they keep them in that unit for.


I need to get moving. We still need to buy him a car seat and stroller. I was also planning on taking a infant CPR class. We have to clean our room up to fit his crib and such. Yikes!


I still can't believe he is here with us and doing well (better than what we expected). I pray he continues to do well and put up the good fight.


Isn't my chunky monkey, sooo cute!!

3 comments:

  1. He's adorable mama! I'm so glad that Santino is doing well! Thanks be to God! How absolutely awesome. Nausea and that hyper gag reflex is also common in renal failure babies. Logey never had a tube (except during surgeries) and he also would gag a ton. I hope Santino is ready to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Your guy is SOOOOO cute and FAT! He looks great.

    Jess is right...the gag thing is something that you will get used to ( or atleast learn to deal with) Brayden's gag reflex is hypersensitive.

    The cycler machine is much better than manual exchanges that they do in the NICU....a word of advise....if you and your husband can take the time to learn everything it is better....it takes a little stress off of you when you have someone to remember what you forget....

    He looks great! I hope he gets to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise be to God and thanks to all those medical persons who are so diligent in their care of the life of a precious baby.

    He looks like what they feed him must be top quality. He is darling.

    Frances Arch

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers