Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Monday, August 24, 2009

Surgery went well !

Santino had his surgery today to get rid of that yucky valve that caused so much damage. John and I saw a picture of the little piece of tissue that was causing the obstruction to Tino's urethra. I just can't grasp how such a small thing can cause so much in my lil guy. The PUV is gone now.
While urology was working in that area we decided to go ahead and have him circumcised as well. He seemed okay once he got out of recovery. We'll see how he is tomorrow when the anesthesia wears off.

Now that he won't need the foley catheter, John and I will have to catheterize him 4x a day. The urologist wants us to do this so scar tissue doesn't form and make sure he doesn't have urine pooling in his bladder.

So before Tino is discharged we will have to learn how to place his NG tube, give meds in his NG, catheterize him, and do PD. Sounds easy enough right?? I'm feeling a little nervous and overwhelmed right now. I know once I get into a routine it will get easier. I hope!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY for removal of the enemy! :) As for PD - it sounds overwhelming, but seriously after one week...you'll be pros! The machine prompts you and you can hang a "cheat sheet" poster right above the machine too. Just remember to wash your hands constantly and have anti-bacterial foam/gel in there for during. Keep your mask on and window and doors closed. Even though it's been about 11 months since I have had to do it...it's still second nature and I remember all the steps. It's not as bad as it sounds. I hope he comes home soon! :) Prayers and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question? Why dont they want to put in a G tube? Placing the NG tube is so invasive. The G tube is another surgery but it is SOOOO much easier. That way he wont learn to hate eating time. Glad his PUV is gone now! The cathing wont be hard....there is only one hole!
    Glad he is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nephrology wanted to put in a G tube, but the surgeon doesn't want to mess with his belly. She doesn't want to interfere with his PD. Unfortunately they weren't able to put the G tube before he began dialysis. It would make things a lot easier.
    Thank you for the encouragement. I need it!
    Yvette :)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers