Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I feel like I could become a nurse....




I know nurses do a lot more than what I have been learning in the last few days but I think I could do it. I have been handling my new responsibilities a lot better than I imagined I would. I was able to insert Tino's ng tube today with no problems. I didn't have to worry about placement too much because his stomach content came up the tube. Kind of yuck! I did his cath in his poor lil wee wee. He didn't like me too much for either of the things involving placing tubes in small holes.


He was pretty worn out by the time I left this evening. He had a busy day. He had quite a few grandparents visit him today. He enjoyed being held by his Grandpas'.


I think after next week John and I will definitely feel confident enough in what we need to do to care for him. I'm sure I will still be a nervous wreck the first couple of weeks. It will be so nice to cuddle him without wires and constant beeping sounds.


4 comments:

  1. It is nerve wracking yet rewarding all in the same way. You will be providing a care that few moms do for their children. You will be both nurse and mom and stronger for it. You will see a new kind of bond between you and this child, very different from your other children. No more love - just different. You will do things you never thought possible all because of baby Tino. :) At least, that's been my experience. Prayers for an awesome homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon all these scary and challenging things will become some normal to you. It's true, it is nervewracking. It seems to be a never ending thing with renal failure. You are doing awesome at learning all of these challenging things. And soon, your little one will be big enough for a new kidney too. It will come faster than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvette! Just checking in and posting to invite you to a puv support group online. Go to PUVS.org and look for the yahoo group at the bottom of the page. You'll find a lOT of us on there to answer any questions once you get home! Sometimes, these mothers that have been through this stuff for years know a lot more than the doctors that just deal with it once or twice a month! Head on over and introduce yourself, you'll find everyone warm and welcoming! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yvette! Just checking in to see how you and tino are doing! You amaze me. (All of you do actually :)) Anyway, when they say that God does not give us more than we can handle - I guess it's true. I know it is not what you wanted (none of us did) but the way you are coping is inspiring. Please just know that my prayers are with you all!

    Love- Michele Baird

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers