Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Moved in to the IMU today!


Today was a big day for us. Santino was moved over to the IMU (Intermediate Care Unit). I called this morning over to NICU and his nurse was getting him ready for the move. I was very excited but at the same time a little sad. We have become very attached to Santino's wonderful nurses. They have done an amazing job taking care of him and also taking care of our emotional needs. They have a tough job and they are AWESOME!! So if you are reading this.


Thank you NICU team! Especially Amy (his 1st primary), Christy, Dionne, and Janet. You all just made us feel so comfortable leaving him there and were always so caring.


Thank You Amy for letting us hold Tino for the first time, for always explaining everything to us, watching out for our lil guy, for hanging in there when he made your day busy, for just listening to us when we needed to talk and helping us have a laugh.


Christy , thank you for reading Santino books (BFG), listening to praise music w/ him, letting me cry and lifting me up, and making us feel so comfortable.


Dionne (hope I'm spelling it right), we never got to meet but you really touched our hearts. You have the sweetest voice and I know our boy adored you. He made sure he stayed awake so he could hear you talk to him. Thank you for all the sponge baths you gave him, singing to him, holding him , and understanding his needs, his likes and dislikes. Thank you for letting me know all the cute little things I missed.


Janet thank you for always checking on us and Santino. You will be a wonderful Grandma when that day comes.


I'm happy that Santino was blessed with such caring people. You all shared your hearts with him and I thank you. I hope we will stay in touch. I have to stop or I will make myself cry.


So Santino is in the IMU. He is officially at 100 cc's and on the cycler. We didn't get to stick around to see how it works but that will happen soon. The kids are able to go visit him finally. It has been a few wks since they have seen him. We are moving in the right direction to get him home. I am a little nervous but it will be good to hold him whenever I want. I can't wait!


Prayer request:

Pray for my blog buddy, Stephanie. She is having some marital problems and her husband is about to be deployed for 5 months. I pray that they have some resolution before he leaves. She holds a dear spot in my heart. Her strength and faith in God helped me tremendously when I was pregnant w/ Santino and was given our fatal diagnosis. She helped me have courage and to learn how to enjoy my pregnancy when I just wanted to give up. I pray that she remains strong and her husband sees her strength and receives strength as well. Thank You.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I know how bittersweet it is. I really missed our NICU nurses too. Though you will find some wonderful nurses on floors - they really are a family aren't they! Congrats on the move up! Go Tino, go Tino, go Tino!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Tino! What a big (and adorable) boy you are! I too miss our NICU nurses sometimes. They become such a part of your family. All of our nurses have touched our lives in some way. We have been very blessed. I am saying a prayer for your friend. I can't imagine not having my husband close by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great news! I'm glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet. Times are still hard but I look for every bright moment, like the other day he asked me if I wanted a pc of his steak, lol. I don't care what you say Tino is a chunk, look at those sexy rolls. I love it. I never got rolls with Vashon so I am so jealous of rolly rolly babies. thinking of you always

    -Steph

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers