Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Broviac catheter for Tino

Another lil surgery for lil Tino. The renal Dr. decided to put a Broviac catheter in my lil guy before he comes home. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a catheter that goes into his artery so blood can be drawn, meds given, etc. Instead of having to poke him with a needle whenever he needs labs drawn. It is a permanent thing for as long as he needs it. I wasn't too crazy about the idea of having another tube hanging from his body but I guess it is better for him.
He did well with the surgery. I was able to hang out with him in recovery because he was a bit cranky. I would be too. Poor guy was hungry since he was NPO since 10 am. He didn't get back to his room until 8:30pm.
When we got back to his room his meds were waiting for him. So I gave those to him on a empty stomach. The nurse started his feed right after that and he threw up all his meds.
Not that, that was enough I got to set up his dialysis and hook him up for his treatment. My poor baby I wanted to stay and comfort him. But my other kiddos were waiting for me at a friends house. My 6 yr old was sad and started crying for me.
Things will be much better when Tino comes home.
Hopefully next week if his shipment of supplies gets to our house in time. Pray for us that it does. I don't want to wait any longer. He needs to be home with us.

2 comments:

  1. John and Yvette, I too am on hemodialysis and cannot imagine what santino has gone thru in his life. BUT God is good and has a great plan for him and all of you! I will pray for you all and know he will be a blessing to the rest of the world as he is to his family and loved ones.Dios te bendiga

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers