Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Surgery #9 for Tino

I have been wanting to post lately but I don't seem to get to the computer to do it. I sit and think and reflect but just don't have the energy sometimes to type it out. I'm having one of those "moments" so here I am. What has brought me here is that Tino had a little surgery today to remove his hemo catheter and get a port put in. The surgery was quick and he seems to be doing well. It was outpatient so we are home and he is sleeping very comfortably in his crib (the only place he seems to want to sleep).

So today brought a lot of memories flashing back to John and I as we were walking him over to Radiology to have the procedure done. We checked him in at Children's Hospital then walked him over to Sharp Memorial for the surgery. To get to Sharp we walk the "tunnel"....this is the same "tunnel" we would take to visit Tino after he was born. I was recovering from my c-section at Sharp Mary Birch and he was at Children's having surgeries to save his life. John would wheel me over in a wheel chair and I remember how long the "tunnel" seemed. I wasn't that far from my baby boy but it seemed like miles away.
So here we were today walking that "tunnel" again but in brighter moods. Our little boy has made such great progress in his almost 1 year of life. I remember us being so fearful of what would come of our precious miracle boy. I had fear today or anxiety as any mom would of their child having surgery but not like the fear I had in June of 2009. We have come a long way. It has been an exhausting, exhilarating, tearful, joyful, fearful, rejoicing, and BLESSED year! I know we wouldn't have been able to do it without our Saviors strength, forgiveness, mercy and grace. I have had plenty of breaking points but He has always picked me back up. We have also been blessed with wonderful family, friends, and neighbors who are always willing to give us a helping hand. So what a awesome year!!!
My baby boy is going to be a year in 16 days!!!!
Praise God !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Santino's family! I was wondering how are you doing now. It's been long since your last blog entry. I'm curious because my unborn baby boy was diagnosed with LUTO too, at week 19. He's just started his week 32! As we get closer to due date, I get more anxious, but finding your story has given me hope. You have no idea how my attitude has changed ever since I started reading your blog. Doctors can be so negative... If you don't want to answer here, I would really appreciate it if you email me at wngarciao@gmail.com. Thank you again for sharing your story with us!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers