Mommy time

Mommy time
This is the life in mommy's arms!

Daddy time

Daddy time
Checking out my daddy

Snoozing after bath time

Snoozing after bath time
Sponge baths are good!

Free of ventilator!!!

Free of ventilator!!!
This is what I look like w/out edema

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy holding Tino!

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Daddy changing Tino's diaper

Baby Tino in my arms!

Baby Tino in my arms!

Santino's eyes are open

Santino's eyes are open
Isn't he just the cutest!!

Big yawn!!!!!

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter

Tino w/ hemodialysis catheter
not a pretty thing, poor baby!

In the Children's NICU

In the Children's NICU
Santino after they placed the peritoneal catheter

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Long Night Post OP

Yesterday was a long surgery day for Tino. He ended up being in surgery for 6 hours. No wonder he was so miserable last night. All the surgeries went well. He was able to be extubated pretty quickly after sedatives started wearing off. I was suprised they took him off of the vent so quickly. I hate seeing him with that huge tube down his throat but he would have been kept sedated and he would have rested more. But instead we had a restless night. He was able to get tylenol and morphine. The first small amount of morphine wasn't doing the trick so he was able to get a little more later on. The docs don't want to give babies too much because they tend to relax too much and stop breathing, scary. Which Tino has done twice while he was in the NICU.
He was able to get a little over an hour of sleep with each dose, given every 2 hrs as needed.

He did a lot of whining and moaning. I could tell he was very uncomfortable and hungry. I was able to swab his mouth with a wet spongecicle (lil sponge on a stick). He loved that! Wasn't enough for him though.
He finally slept the most when he was doing hemodialysis. Which I'm glad he slept through that.
He had his first hemo this morning and was able to UF 354. I was happy it worked out, since he is not able to do peritoneal while healing. He needed the dialysis to because his potassium was increasing, it was at 6.
Besides being uncomfortable and hungry he has been doing really well. He is still on a nasal canula for oxygen and all his vitals have been stable. After I left today he was transferred over to the IMU from PICU. That is always a good sign.
John is staying with him tonight so I can get a good night sleep and was able to spend time with the big kids. I did call to check on Tino tonight and they were busy putting in a new I.V. He likes to pull things out. Got to watch that boy!
I am exhausted and need to get some shut eye. Hopefully more good news tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers